Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat






NEW!! Crackle Overcoat

Create a Unique Crackle Effect on Each of your Nails

Sally knows that having options is important. For the ultimate in mixing and matching, Crackle Overcoat comes in 8 different shades which can be paired with any nail color. From bold blue to mature metallics, you can create a unique mosaic design that’s modern and sophisticated.


L2R: Fuchsia Shock, Snow Blast, Distressed Denim, Vintage Violet

L2R: Fractured Foil, Cherry Smash, Ink Splatter, Antique Gold

So I seemed to do ok with my attempt to paint my nails.- myself.

Vintage Violet over Milani Neon Polish-- i seriously can not polish nails! 
Please dont judge me! lol.

R2L: Vintage Violet, Snow Blast, Ink Shatter, Fuchsia Shock, Antique Gold

Thumb: Distressed Denim

Fractured Foil- My last attempt came out pretty okay!! :)

As I stumbled upon these crackle polishes, in my local CVS, all I could do was smile. I purchased a few ,for $7.39, with high hopes that achieving the crackled look would be a breeze. I have the OPI crackle polish, as well as the China Glaze, and for some odd reason.. I can not get the crackle to work right. 

As you all know, if you watch my YouTube videos, I'm just starting to get into polishes...I took a break from acrylic nails. I never paid attention to the amount of different colors, textures, and uniqueness that a polish may have! 

I am not the best polisher... so I do not want the photos, of my unskilled artistic painting, to discourage anyone out there from purchasing! For those who are into polish and use it quite often, I'm MORE than 200% positive that the outcome would be, by far, the best if put next to mine! LOL!

Pros:
  • Dries in 60 sec.
  • Affordable- $7.39
  • Easy to apply
  • Crackles easier than the other crack polishes that I've tried
  • Multiple Colors for many unique looks
Cons:
  • Applicator brush is much thinner than normal nail polishes
  • Distressed Denim is not true to color.(unless I need to try it over white polish)
  • Darker colors do not show up true to color over black nail polish. (blue, pink, red, purple)
  • Works best over Sally Hansen nail polish

My overall thought:
I believe that this nail polish has potential, especially when used by someone who knows what their doing! I was totally disappointed about the false picture advertising on the Sally Hansen's site... Its photos show the dark nail overcoat polishes, over plain black polish, crackling and being true to color. That is not true. The red, blue, pink, and purple will not show up on the nail, as it does in the shade presented in bottle.
Overall, It has made the crackle affect a lot easier, while still remaining affordable!!





No comments:

Post a Comment